Jack Holohan and his partner Carl Sutherland started Holohan and Sutherland Sheet Metal in 1955 near 597 South Washington in Kankakee Illinois. Jack Holohan’s wife Agnes did most of the paperwork from home and then later worked at the office.
In 1958, the operation was moved to 575 West Seneca and then expanded three times in 1965, 1985, and 1990 including a 2,800 square foot addition and added HVAC to their service offerings.
Jack passed in 1986, leaving Agnes Holohan, with help of her three sons Pat, Ray, Dan and son in law John Arrington managing the operation of Holohan Heating & Sheet Metal, Inc.
Today the business continues to be managed and run by Pat Holohan, John Arrington, Shane Holohan, Chris Holohan, and Jeff Holohan and consists of Sheet Metal Workers, Pipefitters, Electrician and Plumber.
The vast majority of the company’s work is done in Kankakee County. They are known for their high quality prompt service, customer satisfaction and loyalty, Low employee turnover, and focus on safety.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service - 365 Days a Year
- Priority & Emergency Service
- Trained & Seasoned HVAC/Refrigeration Service & Installation Technicians
- Licensed Plumbers - with RPZ/Cross-Connection Certification License
- Licensed Electrician
- Complete Scheduled Maintenance Programs
- Boilers/Combustion Analysis
- Piping - Water/Air/Gas/Process
- Certified Air & Water Balancing
- Certified Professional Indoor Air Quality Technician
- Custom Sheetmetal Fabrication Shop
- Emergency rental HVAC equipment available